Monday, January 03, 2011

Miscellany Monday 2011

Happy first Monday of the New Year! :)

I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Years Eve and welcome to Misc. Monday!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Seattle

My girlfriend, Jackie, and I went to Seattle for the weekend to celebrate New Years and my birthday (later this week). It was freezing(!!), but so much fun! It was my first trip to Seattle and I already can't wait to go back! We are making plans to brings our hubby's with us this next time. There was so much to see and we walked forever! :) Our feet were tired by the end of the trip, but it was well worth every step we took.

People watching

While in Seattle we went to the Seattle Center while waiting for midnight to come. They had a band and let me tell you, it was hilarious! I laughed so hard that I cried. It wasn't any one thing in particular, but just watching all the people. They really looked like they were having a blast (and I am glad), but we definitely enjoyed just sitting there watching everyone. :) Its always interesting when you are sitting on the sidelines to see what is going on. 

Blanket

Tonight I am starting the blanket for my nephew, since his birthday is on Thursday...I should probably get cracking! :) I am excited and really hoping that I don't mess it up! :) I have already bought fabric for my next project. Jackie and I are planning on making aprons after we both finish our blankets. We'll see if I can get the hang of this sewing thing! :)

Hubby

After a week of overnights and a weekend apart, I am glad to be home and to spend some long awaited time with the hubs. I feel like we haven't seen each other in a really long time, but that just made seeing him, when I came back from Seattle, that much sweeter. :) We had a very enjoyable evening of doing practically nothing with each other. I savor even the smallest moments with my man. :)

How was your New Years?! Did you do anything fun, exciting, or relaxing? Is there anything that you have decided to add to your New Year's Resolution list (if you make them, of course)?

Photobucket