Monday, February 28, 2011

Misc. Monday


Good morning and welcome to a very rainy {at least here} miscellany Monday! I hope you had a fantastic weekend!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Academy Awards

Last night the hubs and I went to an Academy Awards party. I've thought about throwing one myself, but never put anything in motion. I was really excited when I found out that our friend's were throwing a party for it. We got all dressed up and, of course, cast our votes for who we thought would win! It was a blast and I ended up getting third place! :) Now I just need to see most of the movies that were nominated!

Snow and Confusion

On Thursday we had 4 inches of snow where I live. That probably doesn't sound like much if you live where it snows all the time, but for where I live, its a good amount. I tried getting to work, but the snow was coming down hard and in huge flurries. I finally realized that I was not going to make it and turned around. I don't know if it was because it was early in the morning or because everything was white {or lets face it, because I am blonde}, but I turned on the street before mine. As I was driving down the street it just felt wrong. Once I realized that I had turned too soon I flipped around and started for home again...and somehow ended up turning on the street after. Lets just say that I had to turn around three different times before I turned onto the street that I actually live on! I finally made it home and enjoyed a nice snow day with the hubby. :)

Movies

Here are the movies that I want to see that are in theaters right now or will be in March:

I am Number Four
The Fighter
Black Swan
The Green Hornet
The Adjustment Bureau
Beastly
No Strings Attached
Red Riding Hood
Battle Los Angeles
Sucker Punch

I love going to the movies. I think its my favorite past time with the hubs. I love getting lost in the story. I think that's why I love reading so much. : )

Nephew

I came home on Saturday to find that my nephews {and their parents} were over. I was excited to see them, but when I walked in my older nephew, Logan, was walking towards me. I was super excited like "woo hoo! He's coming to give me a hug!" I was smiling really big at him to let him know that I was glad to see him, but I just got this unhappy look. My next thought was, "maybe he isn't as happy about seeing me as I am about seeing him." Turns out neither were the case. He wasn't walking towards me, he was walking towards the corner for a time out! All I could think was, "whew!" I almost flung my arms out for a hug as soon as I saw him! I would have looked like a complete idiot when he walked past me for the corner!
PS~ I did eventually get my hug...I traded my Ipod for one. :) 

What did you do this weekend? What movies are you looking forward to seeing?
Photobucket