Monday, May 09, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Good {waaay too early for me} Monday morning! :) I hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day, especially if you are a mom! :)

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

The Wedding

Really cute! My cousin, Amy, was a gorgeous bride! It was great to see so much of our family. The weather was perfect and the ceremony and reception were really great! I had a ton of fun. My nephew, Brandon, kept saying "this is the best day ever!!" I don't think he cared so much about the fanfare of the actual wedding as he did about the candy table and the cake! He was wired on sugar and was an adorable dancing fool! Too cute! So, congrats to Amy and Tom! I hope you are having a blast on your honeymoon! :)

Sunshine

Ahh! California sunshine,  how I have missed you! I haven't missed the heat as much as the sunshine itself, but I will take what I can get when I can get it. It was great to enjoy it and soak it all in. It will help hold me over until Oregon decides to catch on to the whole "spring" thing. :) I do miss Oregon though! I am glad we are driving back today...not so much the whole "driving" part, but getting home. :)

Mother's Day

We had a great Mother's day. We had breakfast with the hub's mom {I call her mom too, but figured for the sake of reading I would clarify...yeah, you're welcome! ;) }. We definitely beat the rush, which was nice. It was an enjoyable time just hanging out and chit chatting. After that she came with us to the car wash and then to Walmart...I know, we are wild and crazy! :)
After Walmart, we met our grandparents for lunch {well, they ate and I watched...not enough time in between breakfast and lunch for me}. It was a lot of fun. We love them and love spending any amount of time with them that we can.
After that, we went back to my parents house, where I had a Despicable Me date with my nephew. He was absolutely appalled {as much as a 6 year old could be} that I had never seen the movie. It was really cute. We had dinner at home with my mom {she's still getting over being sick from February}, played games, and then just hung out and watched movies. :)
Overall, I feel like we had a great day. I hope our mom's know how much we love and appreciate them! :)

Shoes

So, I have been made fun of for my packing job this time around. For one, packing was totally weird since most of my clothes were dirty because the washer was still broken {I am holding out hope that it will be fixed when we get back}. I brought two loads of laundry to my parent's house, so I will have clean {cute} clothes this week! Hooray! I brought three dresses to decided between for the wedding. Since I wasn't sure which dress I was going to wear I ended up bringing eight pairs of shoes for a 3 1/2 day trip. It made total sense to me, but the hubs didn't see it that way. I would like to think that it worked out perfectly. A girl needs options, right?? 

Driving

As you read this we will be well on our way back to Oregon. We'll be meeting the hub's sister, Candi, for breakfast and then hitting the road. We are having to get up too stinkin' early if you ask me! Oh well, I have already made it known that at that early I can't be expected to look too presentable. :) Wish us luck as we head home! :)

Please vote for my blog! :)
Photobucket