Monday, August 22, 2011

Misc. Monday *updated*

Good morning! I hope you had a fabulous weekend and are ready to start your week {because it showed up whether you are or not! haha}

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Camping

No matter what I have done this summer, I just can't seem to get away from camping. I have already camped several times and this weekend was no different. Except that it was! We {our seniors and some leaders} were supposed to go to an actual camp ground, but we couldn't get a site, so one of our high schoolers volunteered her backyard. Her parents have lots of acres, so we drove into her back yard and set up camp...and by "set up" I mean we had a camp fire. We decided against tents. It was just too pretty of a night {I saw my VERY FIRST shooting star!!}. We had a lot of fun roasting mallows and just talking. :) This pic is terrible and you can't really see any people, but you can at least see where and how our camp was set up :)



Silver Creek Falls

On Sunday afternoon after our camp-out, we went on over to Silver Creek Falls for hiking, swimming, and a BBQ. I hadn't ever been there before, but had heard that it was gorgeous. So true! It was beautiful! We went hiking, and although we didn't do the complete million mile circle, we did hike for a nice little chunk of it. I want to go back in the fall when it isn't so warm and all of the trees have changed colors. I think it will be even more amazing then! :) After hiking we went "swimming." I use that term loosely since the water was so cold it wasn't worth getting all the way in...unless you got splashed to death and ended up completely soaked, like me. Even still our stint in the water was short lived, but we had fun! Next up was the BBQ, which was nice. We just relaxed, had lunch, and hung out. I have to say that it was a great way to end the weekend.


Vacation

I leave for vacation on Friday!! I am so excited and its weird thinking that its here already. I don't know about you, but I always forget how much work and prep goes into the actual "leaving" part of a trip. I have to make sure everything is ready for me to leave at work and then have to make sure laundry is finished, everything is packed, picked up, and bills all paid prior to leaving. Its stressful and is going to keep me hopping until we leave, but its worth it. I am just praying that the weather at the coast warms up! :)

How was your weekend? What did you do? Are you ready for summer to be over?

Photobucket

Oh, and I forgot to mention that my lovely friend, Jill, over at Made it on Monday, made it to the final 15 for Shabby Apple's {love them!} Dare to Design contest! Congrats to Jill!! :) She needs your help though! If you would so kindly go HERE and vote for her dress {hers is #3} that would be awesome! :) She is amazingly talented and I would love for her to win! Isn't this dress so pretty?!
Thanks for your help!! :)