Monday, October 03, 2011

Misc. Monady

Good rainy Monday morning to you! I hope your weekend was wonderful!



Surprise Party

As I mentioned last week, Wednesday was Jackie's birthday. I brought her brownies to youth group to help celebrate the actual day. On Friday I planned a surprise party for her. It was a little bumpy Friday morning and I wasn't sure how everything was going to turn out. In the end everything worked out great and she was surprised! :) It was a lot of fun! She said that she was a little bit suspicious, but that I was so calm about it so she didn't think that she was getting a party. Yay me!! I worked so hard at not being super excited! I am glad that it all paid off. :)

Rain

Its here! Its been raining all weekend, but its been kinda fun so far. There was lots of running in the rain and some shopping as well. Then while I was at Jackie's house it was decided that yesterday was the day to build a fire pit. It turned out more like a mud pit since it was still raining, but the fire turned out well. I am trying to do whatever I can to enjoy the rain, since its here for the foreseeable future!

Me & Porsh stopping in the rain for picture

Women's Retreat

On Saturday night out church had a country music night. I have to say I was pretty impressed. I wasn't sure about the whole thing, but it was fun...and I never went in to watch. I was out with several ladies at our dessert table. We were {and still are}trying to raise money for the women's retreat next month. Its not expensive for what it is, but its still expensive. So a couple of people made some amazing desserts {not exaggerating...they were crazy good!} and we all sold them at the concert. It worked out well! We sold out of everything! :) For the month of October we are working in the cafe in our church to finish raising money. Its a lot of work {raising money}, but its definitely worth it!! :) Plus, the desserts are awesome!

How was your weekend?!
Photobucket