Well, I survived my first scuba diving class. Barely. ;)
So, a couple of things I learned from my first night of scuba lessons:
1) The little tabby inserts inside the foot hole of your new fins, yeah, totally not supposed to keep those in when putting them on. You WILL get laughed at (also, kind of nice if you can pull them out yourself, rather than having to have an instructor do that for you. Sad, I know. I am just THAT weak.).
2) They tell you that you will be graceful underwater. Obviously none of them know me. I was kind of holding out hope that I might be graceful underwater since I am such a klutz on land. Nope. Just as klutzy underwater.
3) When going to the surface (which you are supposed to do SLOWLY) add only a little bit of air to your BC (that vest thing that you have to wear). If you don't you WILL shoot straight to the top!
4) No matter what the color is, wet suits are NOT cute.
5) If your mask is fogging up you are supposed to spit (yes, I was kinda grossed out) on the inside of your mask. If you spit like a girl you will get laughed at...even by your friends. :)
Wish me luck! Class #2 is tonight! :)
(pics to soon follow!)