Friday, August 27, 2010

Oh my!!

So, I have gone back and forth about actually posting this. It freaks me out. I feel like its admitting to the world that I am old or on my way there and, frankly, that's not something I am comfortable with. This blog isn't just about what cute clothes I found or all the stupid things that I do (although, lets just say that its a majority of it...I can't help that I do lots of dumb things! ;) ). I think I can honestly say that this post is out of my comfort zone, but I have learned that its okay to be open and real. So thanks, Stylegeek, for showing me how its done! :) I hope you won't think me superficial or shallow after reading this. I was left despondent and I am hoping that writing about it will help.


Last night was awful. It wasn't the driving six hours for a puppy. It was after I got home that things got bad. I was in the bathroom looking in the mirror and to my HORROR do you know what I saw? I can't even believe I am posting about this, but I saw something shiny that looked like a gray hair! I almost cried on the spot. I tried to look closer to see if it was just the lights playing tricks on my eyes (I was PRAYING that was the case...having bad eyes I can handle...gray hair at 28? I don't think so). I did the only natural thing that I could I pulled it out. This had two purposes: 1) I pulled it out to get a closer look and 2) I pulled it out to get rid of the evidence (not like it matters now that I am writing about it).


 She's cute and has gray hair...gotta love Rogue :)

As I looked closer I could see the white at the top and the hair dye towards the bottom (yes, I am also admitting that I need to dye my hair again...I guess this is a confess all post). I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I probably sat in the bathroom for a good ten minutes before I was ready to face the world...or my husband (it was after midnight at this point). 

I thought for sure my husband would understand my despair, so I went to show him the hair. He didn't seem to care of think it a big deal. This frustrated me. He is my spouse. Things that bother are supposed to concern him, right? Obviously not. He basically chalked it up to getting older. I, however, am not ready to concede that point just yet. I may be almost 29, but darn it all, I do not look like it or (lets be honest here) act like it. I refuse to let a gray hair (okay, it was two) tell me I am getting old. I will dye my hair until the cows come home if that's what it takes.

Since this totally freaked me out, I did what any normal person would do. I googled it. Oh yes. I found out that gray hair is actually hereditary (thanks, Mom. ;) ) and in some cases can also be caused by a vitamin B12 deficiency. Now, if parents would tell their kids to take their vitamins, not because it helps keep you healthy, but because it can help keep gray hair at bay, I think more people will take them. I am now going to find some B12 vitamins and see if that can keep it away longer. I asked my mom when she got her first gray hair (sorry mom, hope this is okay to share! :)) and she said 23, but didn't really start getting gray hairs until her late 30's. So, I have reason to hope that this is more of a fluke! :)

Am I crazy, superficial, or shallow for being upset by this? Am I the only one who freaked the heck out when they found a gray hair?


Photobucket
Also, I'm "on the fence," so please vote for my blog. All you have to do is click the button on the left that says "we're on the fence" and its really as easy as that! Thank you so much!! :)