Thursday, April 05, 2012

Awkward & Awesome-Hello! Its back!

Welcome to another {and the first in a while} Awkward and Awesome!


Awkward

~The weather here has been all over the place {welcome to Oregon!}. Recently we had a ton of snow that just hit us what felt like out of the blue. As I was headed down the stairs to my car, I stepped onto the stairs that were piled with snow, and it was like riding down a slide {albeit, a painful slide}. My foot didn't even make a dent in the snow! I slid all the way down the steps with one leg underneath me at an awkward angle, all the while trying to catch my balance and the rail to slow myself down. It didn't happen. As I was dumping the snow out of my boot, I looked up to see a lady who was standing in the street {next to her car that was stuck in the snow} just staring at me. She didn't say anything! If I saw someone fall the way that I did, I would at least yell across the street to see if they were okay, but I guess that's just me!

~Going down the stairs at a friends house and tripping on them as I was going around the corner and making such a raucous that they thought I fell down the stairs...what can I say? I am nothing, if not dramatic. It keeps things interesting.

~Creepy old men who say horribly nasty things...definitely the first downside to my new job {I still love it though, no worries there!}

~Going to the post office, but getting there and realizing its not a normal post office, but one inside of another store. Then you sit in your car for ten minutes trying to figure out which door actually leads to the post office. In order to not look dumb {in case you walk into the wrong door}, you put your packages inside of your purse so that no one can see. As you get out of your car you realize that there is only one door and not multiple like you first thought...at least a good song came on while I was waiting! 

Awesome

~Getting a new job and I loving it!
~My hubby excited to see me writing a blog post
~The Voice and New Girl
~Hearing all of the awesome things that God did on the mission trips that our students went on over Spring break
~Going on vacation and after getting back having your friends tell you how much they missed you...because they missed all of the pinning you did when you were home!
~Having lunch with a friend

Photobucket