Monday, November 30, 2009

Its the most WONDERFUL time...



Christmas (aside from my birthday!!) is my favorite holiday! I love twinkling lights, crisp air, fireplaces aglow, and pretty presents all wrapped up! I was very eager-more so than normal-to get a move on with Christmas. Black Friday to me, is one of the best days of the year! I have to say I actually impressed my husband because I was in and out of Target in 13 minutes right after it opened...I was a machine! I got all of our Christmas shopping done on Friday and just about everything is wrapped. The only thing missing was my Christmas tree. I typically like tall Christmas trees, but the one we got was a little smaller than I prefer...but its adorable! I just love it! We found our tree, paid, for it, and were driving away within about 5 minutes! Jim said if I find trees that quick every year he'll actually look forward to picking out a tree! :D Its now all decorated and ready for me to put gifts under. This year is especially weird for me because I don't actually know what I want for Christmas. There are so many people out there or in our church family that are struggling. How great would it be to be able to bless someone this Christmas? Thats my goal. I'm working on what I can do for a couple of families I have in mind. :) Who can you be a blessing to this Christmas?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Your tree looks great! I can't wait to decorate our new home for Christmas this year! Hopefully we will do it this weekend. =D

an encourager said...

I could sooo picture you out having fun on your favorite day of the year!!! I'm a machine, too, when I'm on a shopping mission!!! I liked your challenge and will have to pray about whom I can bless.... Oh!!! cute - the Lord just reminded me that I blessed many gals with the devotional!!!! wasn't that sweet of Him to say that? Yay!!!!