Monday, February 01, 2010

Beauty is Pain...


So, lets just start out by saying two things. 1) I don't know how to tell a short story...its not in my blood and 2) my blog name is so for a reason. I do a lot of "blonde" things. My latest happened yesterday in a McDonald's drive thru. Yup. Seriously.
I was babysitting my adorable nephew. We played in the car, put our hands up through the sunroof (I know, weird huh?! Sun...in Oregon? Go figure), went and saw Uncle Jim at work, then headed off to the park for a little fun in the sun. When we got to the park I realized that my knee high heeled boots were probably not the best foot attire for running around. I just happened to have a pair of flats in my trunk (they hurt my feet). I threw them on and we were off trying everything the park had to offer.
After we were finished we were going to pick up lunch for us and Uncle Jim and then meet him at Kohl's (where he works). While in the drive thru I realized I still had on the flats. I decided I needed to change back into my boots because my flats did NOT match my outfit. Still not entirely sure how I pulled this off, but I got my left boot on (the car was in park in case it needs to be said) and as I was reaching down to put my right boot on my knee leaned up against the door armrest and...I yelled really loud. I somehow managed to dislocate my knee.
Being the multi-tasker that I am, I pulled forward and ordered lunch for my nephew. I knew Jim had food at work and would live. I text my hubby and then called him from the parking lot of Kohl's. He's my knight. :) He came to help me figure out what I had done since I couldn't move my leg (never done anything like this before). As Jim's trying to help me I was passing french fries back to my nephew, who was quite enjoying himself, I must say.
Needless to say, I ended up popping it back into place purely by accident (thank you shock for numbing the pain). Still sore and not at 100%, but its on the mend. I just had to share my "incident" since I can laugh about it now...just don't ask me to run. ;)
I know it seems silly, all of this over a coordinated outfit (which didn't make a difference...still had to wear the flats into Kohl's). I have to stay away from heels for a bit :( . I know that people say beauty is pain, but I always thought that referred to a brazillian wax or pointy shoes...now I know better. :)

2 comments:

Brenda Clayton said...

I love my Natalie. You crack me up! I can totally picture Jim working on your knee while you pass french fries to the back seat. LOL Thanks for keeping us updated through your blog - I love reading updates on your life! :)

Scuba Wife Life said...

Awww! Thanks Brenda! It wasn't fun at the time. I was crying throughout the entire thing! lol I am just glad that I can laugh about it now! :)