Friday, February 12, 2010

Prep for Winter Camp


One of my favorite parts of working with high school girls with our church is camp. Thats when you really connect with the students. You may think you know them, but there are always things that they don't share...until camp.
Other than connecting with the girls,what is my favorite part about camp?? Goody bags. Yup, I LOVE buying little things to help make camps special. I always fill it with candy, gum, pens, notepads, and some sort of card. I always make a big point in encouraging them to encourage others with their cards. Its so easy to tear people down and claim sarcasm or joking around, but the truth is that those words hurt, whether in jest or not.

When I first started working with my girls I had a hard time getting them to write each other, but now they tell me its something they look forward to! :)
This year I decided to decorate their notebooks. Since we will be at camp on Valentine's Day I went with a girlie heart theme. I hope that they like them. I had a lot of fun putting them together as I was catching up on biggest loser and the bachelor. :) I will post pics up from camp when I get back.
I hope you have a fantastic V-day!!

No comments: