Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Little Bit of a Rant...

just sayin' so you have the heads up...

It drives me CRAZY when people call my work and want to speak with a specific person and when said person isn't available (due to a meeting, lunch, vacation, etc.) they seem confused when I ask if they want to leave a voice-mail. It might just be me, but it makes perfect sense to leave a message. If it was important enough to call about its important enough to leave a message, so that you can get a call back.

It drives me nuts when people tell me they don't want to leave a message, but then they want to give ME a message to give to whom ever they called for. Is there really that big of a difference between the two? Do they honestly think I have nothing better to do than pass messages along? I am NOT a receptionist (we don't have one. We just all answer the phones). I AM busy and have things going on and do tend to forget things at times.

Also (and this typically just cracks me up), voice-mail is an answering machine...not a phone number. I try not to laugh (especially if they are elderly because they really might NOT know) when someone tells me yes, they would like voice-mail and then proceed to ask me to hold while they search for a pen! :)

Ugh. Sorry for the rant. I try not to this often on here. thanks for listening.

Are there things that just drive you batty when you are at work?


4 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

The advantage of being a lawyer is great.

Anonymous said...

Everything drives me batty at work. I should probably list the things and turn it into a blog post.

Scuba Wife Life said...

lol! I think that would make a good post! :)

HattonHome said...

You know what drives me crazy when I am at work? When my two-year old "boss" throws a fit!! I love him so much, but I really think he needs to learn that "NO!" is not an appropriate answer to everything, lol!!