Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hitting The Gym

I love working out. Whenever I do I feel happier and a quote from Legally Blonde always comes to mind, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." So, I guess lucky for my husband I like to work out when I can (and I don't own a gun). 

In the spring I was running, trying (in vain) to train for a marathon. Then I dislocated my knee. I tried to run again a while later and it seemed like it was too hard on my knee. Then in August I dislocated my other knee (I like to keep things even). This kind of killed the whole "running" thing.


Since winter is sneaking up on me and in Oregon fall and winter mean rain and snow I have been looking into getting a gym membership. My mother-in-law was wanting to do the same thing, so yesterday we signed up for a free month trial at the gym near us (yes, a free month, not week!). 

After signing up we hit the machines! We had fun, but realized that both of us should have brought our knee braces (oh yes, we are going to look so cool!). lol Of course, if I end up having to wear both knee braces I am going to look so stupid and probably like I shouldn't be allowed to use any of the machines. 

I am excited to be able to hit the gym whenever I want (especially since the machines are easier on my knees) and also glad that I have some workout buddies! Do you have a favorite fitness activity, machine, video? How do you stay active in the winter?



Photobucket
I'm "On the fence" so, please vote for me (button on the left) :)