Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Keys and Travel

So, my battery for my car clicker is still dead and I haven't been able to get the screw out of the key thingy. This means that I have had to go "old school" and actually use my key. Yes, seriously! I think its just awful!

Last night I was leaving Target and I whipped out my key and attempted to unlock my door. Nothing happened. I flipped the key over (like it was really going to fix anything since both sides are exactly the same) and tried again. Nothing. I have to admit, I was a little confused. I couldn't figure out why my key wouldn't work. Then I looked into the window of the car...and realized it totally wasn't even my car!! I looked around to make sure no one saw me trying to break into the "not my car" car. I turned around and right there on the other side of me was my car.

I hustled on over, unlocked the door (surprise! It worked. Amazing, huh?), and drove quickly out of the parking lot. All I have to say is that if I still had a usable clicker this whole fiasco would never had a occurred. :) Just sayin'.

On a side note, I am at the airport. My flight doesn't leave until 7:30, but we were so concerned about ice (especially after the fiasco of driving home yesterday) we left the house at 3am to get to Portland...so I basically have been up since 2:30am. To say I am tired is a complete understatement.

The good news? I made it through the line super fast (it also helps a lot if you check in online) and I made it through without incident. I was a little concerned, especially after hearing about how they were going to be doing random pat downs. I just knew that I would be the one pulled out for that. Luckily, I was wrong. :)

I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday!! I can't wait to hear all about your time with friends and family. What sort of plans do you have for tomorrow?

Photobucket