Monday, December 27, 2010

What a Nightmare!

Not sure if you have figured this out about me yet or not, but I'm kind of a girlie girl. I know, serious surprise there! :) I am the type of girlie girl that cringes at the thought of guns, although I am not opposed to people having them...they just freak me out.

My friend Travis has been broadening my horizons. He loves guns. Really loves them. When he found out that I had never held one he decided to rectify the matter and ran and got his newest "baby" for me to hold.

Well, ever since then I have been having nightmares (periodically) about either being shot or seeing someone else get shot. I never had them prior to holding his gun. They have been so bad that I have literally yelled out and woke myself up out of a dead sleep. Twice. Of course, then I am awake, terrified, and exhausted.

And I blame Travis. :)

Only in my dreams do the rules of reality seem to apply. Do I ever have a gun in my dream to protect myself? No. Is Travis in them to shoot the people trying to kill me (who they are and what I did to deserve to be shot I have no idea)? Of course not. That would be far too easy. I think that since I don't know how to shoot in real life my dreams won't let me shoot in there either.

I have already informed Travis that should I have another nightmare he has to take me out shooting (which he has been trying to get me to do for a while now, but I have always been too scared...and still am if I am completely honest) so that I can protect myself, if only in my dreams. :)

Have you ever done something that triggered a set of nightmares? What do you do when you wake up from a nightmare?
Photobucket