Monday, February 07, 2011

Miscellany Monday



Good morning and welcome to Miscellany Monday! I hope you had a great weekend and that your week is off to a great start (and if it isn't grab a coffee, turn on some great music, and take a deep breath...there! Did that help?)!


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


Competitive


Apparently I am competitive. What sport do I play you might ask? None. I am competitive with games and...jewelry making? Yes, its true. While at a class on Saturday learning a new bracelet (pics to come) I was excited because I caught on quickly and was moving at a pretty decent speed. I finished first and was super excited! The hub's mom (also the teacher) made a comment about me finishing first and I replied that I had been keeping an eye on everyone else to make sure that I stayed ahead (I really did NOT want to finish last). She made a comment about me being competitive and I laughed. I hadn't really thought about my not wanting to come in last as competitive, but I guess I am! :)


I am that person!


Ugh, okay so I am a little (lot!) bit embarrassed to say this, but I am that person. You know, the one in the store, in this case Walmart of all places, without shoes? Yes, but before you go off judging me, you have to know that my super stinkin' cute shoes (that I do not blame) were hurting my poor feet and I was walking around like a drunk person on drugs (nice combo, huh?). I was taking super small steps because I was wearing nylons with them and they kept slipping right off...talk about Cinderella syndrome! I got a really dirty look from a lady, but I didn't care (well, kinda. Okay, I cared! But I pretended that I didn't while she was shooting daggers at me)! I could at least walk like a normal person again! Don't worry. I put them back on before I left the store. :)


The Cutest Thing


Yesterday in my Sunday school class I was coloring with one of the little girls. She decided to make her mom a picture because she was coming home from being gone for the weekend. After she finished coloring it she asked me to write, "love to Momma" on it. I did and thought it was totally sweet. Then she decided she was going to make a picture for her dad. After putting the finishing touches on it she asked me to write "David" on it. I sat there a little bit puzzled and asked her if she wanted me to put "Dad" or "Daddy" on it instead. She looked at me like I was a little slow (but in a totally cute kind of way) and said, "No, his name is David." So, I did. I tried not to laugh, but I thought it was adorable that her mom was "Momma," while her dad was "David." :)


Sewing


Yup, I am back at it! My sewing buddy, Jackie, and I have decided on our next project-aprons. I found a pattern that I like, but its for a half apron. I am going to see if I can find a pattern for a full apron that I like the top part of and try to mesh them into one (a little daring on my end since the blanket took half of forever to make and was relatively easy...okay super easy). I'll keep you posted on how that all works out. :)




Oh, and I am not a fan of football (it makes zero sense to me), but I love the commercials for the Super Bowl. What team were you cheering for and what were your favorite commercials?




Please VOTE for my blog! :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Just Married with Coupons