Friday, February 04, 2011

Oh, the Confusion!

Firstly, happy Friday! Its finally here and I am so excited! I have been looking forward to today since Sunday night (sad, I know, but there ya have it!).


And now, here's the part where I get to tell you that I am such an idiot! If you read my blog regularly, it comes as no surprise that I, Natalie, do dumb, stupid, blonde things. Its what makes up a majority of my posts. I get embarrassed with some of the stunts I pull, but for the most part I just roll with it (I do things far too often not too).


So, last night I was at Bible study. Its really great and I am at table with some really awesome women...but we have two Natalies. Now, this shouldn't be an issue (and really it isn't), but last night we were going around in a circle sharing things that God had shown us through the week. And I was excited! I typically don't share. Its hard for me, so when I say I was actually excited to share you can pretty much just know that I was bursting at the seams!


I should have gone last. Should have. Our table facilitator asked (as she did with each woman prior), "Natalie, what about you? What has God shown you this week?" Without hesitating I closed my eyes, smiled, and said, "Actually I have two things to share!!"


And then everyone at the table started laughing! Pretty hard. Suddenly I knew what had happened. Its was NOT my turn!! I was so overly excited to share and, while knowing that it shouldn't have been my turn, somewhere in my own little world (um, population 1!) I heard my name and just knew that it was my turn to share!


I.felt.horrible.


Who does that?! I mean, really? As soon as I realized what I had done, I turned to the other Natalie and started apologizing. She was super sweet about it and didn't seem to mind at all. Apparently, she was not as eager to share as I was because everyone said that when I started talking she looked relieved. Whew!! I still felt bad that I jumped in there when it was completely not my turn to share. See what happens when I get excited?! :)


We'll see if I share next week or not, but I just figure that I had two things to share...there was one for each of us. :)


What are some of your embarrassing moments? :)

Photobucket
Smart and Trendy Moms



badge