Friday, January 08, 2010

mmmm....I feel inspired!


So, I am subscribed to a couple of cool blogs that are DIY (do it yourself-for those who aren't familiar with the acronym). I normally only like things that are "new"...old things tend to give me the heebee jeebees. I've been this way since I was little.
Something about my great grandma's house. hehehe :) Any who, the more I read the blogs young house love, vol.25, knots by ashley and some others, the more I think hmm...maybe I can do some of this stuff. I like the furniture that young house love refinishes! I think there may be something to this whole "old stuff turned new" idea.
I recently sent my husband an email telling him that I would love a sewing machine (never sewn in my life) and I want to refinish a couple pieces of furniture in our house. I think he was a little concerened about re-finished something, but glad that I wanted to learn how to sew. I am not a very domesticated wife. I don't really like to cook and goodness knows I hate to clean! lol So, I think it struck him funny that his very undomesticated wife wanted to, out of the blue, learn how to do some diy stuff and sew. I found a sewing machine that I like. We'll see when I get one how everything turns out. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it because, well we don't have a lot of money for one and I don't know if I'll be any good! lol So, wish me luck on my hunt for an inexpensive sewing machine and for inspiration (and instruction) on my refinishing quest!!

No comments: