Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Frustration and Cottonwood


I went out for my run yesterday. Didn't go as well as I had originally planned. Remember how I told you yesterday that I don't typically stop while I am running? Talk about shooting myself in the foot! I knew after saying it that I would end up stopping (whether it was a mental or physical thing, I'm still not sure). And I did. I was mad. Very mad. So mad in fact, I am not speaking with myself right now (yes, that is a punishment for me). :D

I hate setting goals for myself and then not making them. I knew I could run the whole thing because I did the day before. While berating myself as I was "power" walking, I came to my great idea (I do get them every once in a while!). I would turn it into part of my training. I would run two miles one day and run one mile and walk the 2nd mile the next day. I figure I can work myself up to running it every day without hurting my knee (remember the one I dislocated?) more than it already is. So, today when I go for my run I am going to run both miles. Period.




After my shower I could NOT stop sneezing!! It was awful. Thank you, Cottonwood trees. I sneezed all night long. I took some Benadryl and ended up barely able to keep my little peepers open. Today isn't much better. Luckily for me, I keep allergy medicine at work (seriously. My desk drawer is like a stinkin' pharmacy. You can pretty much find anything in there for whatever ails you! :) ). I am still sneezy, but not as bad.

My allergies are good and bad all wrapped into one. Good because those little cotton things floating in the air mean that summer is here! That makes me very happy! :) Its bad because, for whatever reason, they are affecting more so than all the years (4) that we have been living here. I am trying to stay positive as I go through my box of tissues...this is what I want, really. :)

Do you set goals for yourself? If you don't make it to your goal do you get upset? Do you get allergies? Any tips on what has worked best for you?

1 comment:

Erin @ Closing Time said...

Bless you! I can completely relate to the allergies...I've had them all my life and I hate it! I hope you feel better and less Benadryl-ed soon so you can enjoy the beautiful weather! :)