Monday, June 14, 2010

To Give and Get Something in Return


As many of you (and if you don't...you do now! ;) ) not only do I work with (now) Junior (high school) girls, but I also am a Mary Kay consultant. The hubs and I volunteer with our high school youth group at our church and as trying as it is at times, we love it. Our summer camp is coming up. This is probably our biggest event of the year. We go camping (seriously...yeah, I totally didn't know what I was signing up for that first year), white water rafting, rock climbing, swimming, etc. Its a GREAT time. Its also a time when these students grow together as a youth group and also when they grow closer to the Lord. For some of these students they are hurting in ways that break my heart (and yes, make me cry like a little baby...every time) and this is a time when they get connected with other students their age who, like them, are broken. Its a time when we, as leaders, get to shower them with unconditional love. Its a time of healing and growth. It is truly an amazing time.

I try to make it a point to not beat ya'll over the head with the fact that I sell Mary Kay (I mean really, who likes getting beat down?! lol), but I ask you to listen. :)



Summer Camp 2009

My girls are trying to raise money for camp this summer. Typically, if a student is needing financial aid our church is on it and assists students as needed. This year, however, there just aren't enough funds to cover the huge need due to the economy. My girls decided that rather than taking a scholarship for themselves they would raise the money. This way a scholarship can go to someone who might need it more than them. They are putting together a couple of car washes, they will be doing work projects, and I am helping them with a Mary Kay Fundraiser. As a consultant I earn 50% of my sales (yes, MK rocks!). I am giving the girls 45% of everything they sale (the other 5% is going towards shipping of the product-I will make nothing off of this fundraiser).

How can you help? I am SO glad you asked!! :D

If you would like to help them out, please stop by my Mary Kay website:


You can order right there, as well as, see the products that we have available (we just came out with some great new stuff that you DON'T want to miss out on). Any sales that I get from now until June 27th are going straight to the girls. They are each trying to earn $199.

With all of our help, I think they can do it! :)

Thank you so much. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work you are doing. I will head over to the Mary Kay site, but carefully. My husband will kill me if he finds out I ordered anything before we move!!!