Thursday, July 08, 2010

Seriously, Who Does That?!



Summer has FINALLY hit Oregon. Hallelujah! I have been praying for, anticipating, and almost crying for the sun to come out and warm us up. Once June hits, its just supposed to be warm. What can I say? I will always be a California girl at heart. You can take me out of Cali, but you can't take Cali out of me. :)
Anyhoo, the sun is here...and to stay (crossing my fingers). Its great. I'm getting warm, everyone is doing fun stuff outside (like going for hikes, because that's how we roll), and getting tan. Well, everyone except for me.

I am very fair skinned. I love that movie stars like Nicole Kidman and Anne Hathaway are making it okay for us-who repel the sun because we are so blindingly pale. :) Now, I just burn.
I used to be able to tan. One day it just stopped. Now, for the record, my shoulders and arms can tan. My shoulders will actually get dark, while my arms get "tan" for me.Which isn't really saying much! lol Its my legs that refuse to tan. I am still working on some techniques that might help. Seriously, even tanning lotion is scared of my legs. Last year before our youth group's summer camp (which is next week!!) I tried tanning lotion. Totally did NOT do ANYTHING! :(


My white legs are in the green shorts (my hair was blonde)

On top of being fair skinned and not really a "tanner," I also burn incredibly easy. I can seriously walk to the mailbox and come back with a sunburn. You would think, with knowing this about myself, that I wouldn't be surprised when I burn...but I was. Yesterday, I was in my car on my lunch break and when I came back into the office my arms were burned...while IN my CAR. Who does that?! Me, of course. Sigh. I have to admit that I had all the girls back in the office laughing at me because I came in with red arms. Someone has to be the entertainment, right?

I have burned many times this summer already and I guess I should just resign myself to the fact that I will burn again, next week at summer camp. :)


We have our last ditch effort to raise money for our students this Saturday since camp is next week...its going to be a LOOOONG day. My girls are coming over for, what seems to be the ever popular slumber party. What can I say? We like to have FUN! :) So, tomorrow they come over for a slumber party, which will be more party than slumber. Then, we are off to a 5 hour (and I even set the whole thing up) car wash at our church. Sometimes I wonder why I come up with some of this stuff! lol Wish us luck (and that I don't burn too badly)!! :)