Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Day on a Boat

As part of our vacation, one day we went to the bay and spent a while on our brother-in-law's boat. It was fun! We saw a seal and the kids were having fun, especially when the speed picked up. The original plan was to stay in the bay (which I was totally okay with), but the kids were having so much fun it was decided that we should head on out into the actual ocean...that big ocean...you know, where the sharks live? At first I thought I was being pretty brave, but that didn't last long. As soon as we left the shelter of the jetty I started to realize just how small the boat was compared to the ocean (not to say anything bad about the boat...I think it would have to have been a cruise ship to not feel small...possibly). The swells probably felt bigger than they actually were. LUCKILY, my adorable niece got freaked out and started crying (before I had the chance too!). She was trying to be so brave, but got so scared. I have to say that I was a happy camper (hahaha!) when we turned around and went back into the bay. We spent a while longer just driving around. My niece ended up having a great time. I am not sure who had more fun, my nephews or my husband! 


















Photobucket