Monday, September 27, 2010

Misc. Monday


Welcome to Miscellany Monday! I am hoping this will be a great start to your week!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1) Scuba Diving
Yeah, so it totally didn't happen. We've decided that the world and life are conspiring against me so that I never make it into the water. This time it was both our vehicles working against us. Its a real love/hate relationship that I have with them. They love our taking our money and I hate them for it. Oh well, the next planned dive is on the 10th (the hub's birthday!!). I WILL be diving that day. :)

2) Friends
My girlfriend, Jackie, is having a birthday this week, so last night we drove to Tigard (near Portland) for dinner at PF Chang's. It was my first time. We had a blast. I really liked the restaurant and the company was wonderful. I love having dinner with friends!

3) Sunday School
So, teaching Sunday school continues to help me realize that if we have kids we are only having one. It was fun again this week, but we had a bunch of rowdy boys and they were very difficult to keep focused. There are days when I leave Sunday school thinking "we could do this whole kid thing and maybe have two," but this was not one of those weeks. They are still super cute and a lot of fun, but we'll just keep being an Aunt and Uncle for a while longer, rather than parents.

4) High school
I love my small group of girls. They are so much fun and just are really great girls, but sometimes the things that these students go  through just break my heart over and over again. It definitely makes me very thankful that I didn't have to deal with any of these issues when I was growing up, but makes me that much more sad for them. All I can do is pray and be there for them, but I wish that there was more that I could do.

5) Babies
It seems like everyone (okay, not everyone) I know is either having a baby, recently had a baby, or thinking about having a baby. My girlfriend just had a baby and today I get to see their beautiful baby. I am bringing them dinner tonight! I can't wait. I love little babies...well, minus the crying and the diapers, but I can deal with both. I am so excited for them! :)

Don't forget to enter my very first giveaway!
Also, please vote for me! I'm "on the fence!" :)

Photobucket