Friday, November 19, 2010

Smooth Sailing? Not a Chance!

Okay, so I had a whole post written and ready to go up today, but then I wore heeled boots and that nixed the entire post! I was going to tell you how frustrated have been because every time I get close to being able to wear heels again I do something (like hyper-extending my knee/leg this weekend), but then I wore this outfit and these boots and said if the knee hurts, it hurts. I am tired of waiting. I'll be waiting...F-O-R-E-V-E-R! I am not a patient person, so me waiting as long as I have says a lot.


I got this dress (well, really, like the whole outfit minus the boots) this weekend at the outlet mall. The dress is from Maurice's (on clearance) and the shirt (that I still haven't decided if I like with the dress or not...I'm all for bright, but on just the arms? hmm...) at Old Navy for $5.99 before 30% off. I really love it and the way it all looks. :)

I would love to tell you I had no mishaps with the shoes (since its the first time in like 6 months that I've worn heels), but this is me we are talking about, plus it was recorded...yeah, there isn't really any way to get around that one.

So, after work I was leaving the hubs a voice mail and climbing into my car when my heel got caught onto something on the car. I basically twisted and fell into my car all the while leaving a message for Jim. I think it went something like this:

"I am off work now and on my way home. I love you and I'll seeeee...oh! Ouch! Uh, uh, uh, aaaahhhh! Whoops! {thud!} Ack! Um, okay, well, I love you and I'll see you soon." Throw in a high pitched "eek!" somewhere in there and that's probably pretty close to his voice mail. Its okay, he's used to this sort of thing. After 6 1/2 years of being married to me he just comes to expect it. :)

Tomorrow is the last day to enter my giveaway! Don't forget to enter! :)
Please VOTE for my blog! :)

Photobucket
Smart and Trendy Moms