Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am SO incredibly thankful that there is only one more day left in this week. The phrase, "just shoot me now" has popped up a lot this week. I think I've mentioned before how this is the busiest time of year for me at work, but dang, I think I forgot what that actually meant! I have felt completely overwhelmed, like I was drowning, not doing anything right, and for the millionth time it has reminded me just how much I don't like my job! Please, don't get me wrong. I am thankful that I have a job, especially with the economy the way it is, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.


Not liking my job definitely makes me appreciate the things that I do enjoy that much more. I love to blog! Sometimes I get writers block and wish that I would just trip over something, so that I would have something to write about, but I love it! I don't consider myself creative, but I feel like if I were, this would be my outlet of choice.

 I am thankful for my high school girls (which, in turn also makes me extremely grateful and thankful that I have been saved!) I love spending time with them. They are awesome girls and I love, love, love watching them grow and getting to know them even better (if your church has a youth group, I strongly suggest getting involved! You will be blessed beyond measure.)! I can't believe they are almost seniors!

I love learning different "crafty" things to do. Luckily, for me, I have some great teachers! :) I am still figuring out the  whole "sewing" thing. I am going to a friend's house tonight after work to finally start working on that blanket. I also love learning to make jewelry. Its a lot of fun...and I get to wear it when I am finished! :)

I am thankful for my wonderful friends who make life so much fun. I really have been blessed. I have awesome friends in California who make time to see me when I am in town and who keep tabs on me when I'm not. My friends in Oregon are a blast to hang out with and so encouraging. I just love having friends everywhere that I love and who love me right back. :)

My hubby is super amazing. Its true. He really is. I am always thankful for him, but I probably don't say it as often as I should. He makes me laugh when I am grumpy, he rubs my back and plays with my hair (two of my favorite things!), he still (after almost 14 years...now I am feeling a little old) writes me letters-just because. He is a hard worker, he is super smart (really, he is!), he reads my blog (I love this!), and I think he's a little hottie! :) Oh, and the thing I am MOST thankful for...he chose me!!


Photobucket
Obviously MARvelous
Bassgiraffe's Thoughts Thursday Blog Hop



Photobucket>
The Two Savvy Sisters