Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Princess and the Pea

I don't know if you know this about me yet or not, but I am not a morning person. I wake up confused and grumpy. I have five alarms (I am not exaggerating) and I barely wake up to those! I get text messages at all hours of the night from a couple different friends and, if I am asleep, I don't wake up. The hubby can get in and out of bed a gazillion times during the night and I will be out like a light and not have a clue.


So, when I tell you that something woke me up in the middle of the night, you know, it must have been something major...or it should have anyways.

I was asleep, dreaming away, minding my own business, when I heard a buzzing sound. It woke me up out of a dead sleep. At first I just laid in bed. I was a little confused. I had no idea why I was awake. Then I heard it again. It sounded like the hub's cell phone (how I recognize it by the sound of its buzzing is beyond me). It buzzed again and sounded like it was coming from the dresser. I got up and scoured the dresser. Nothing.

Now I am just standing in the middle of the room staring at the dresser and of course this is when Jim wakes up. He looks at me like I am insane (it was 3am) and said,

"What are you doing? Get back in bed."
"I can't! There's a buzzing noise and its driving me crazy!"
"What buzzing noise?"
"It sounds like your phone."
"Its not my phone."
"How do you know? You haven't even checked."

He found his phone and checked it. Nothing! No text. No missed call. No voicemail. So we laid there. Silent. Just listening (he might have been trying to go back to sleep, but lets just pretend he was listening too). As we were laying there he suddenly jumped out of bed and walked to the dresser! He pulled out one of the drawers and started digging around. He pulled out a cell phone (his old one). It was doing that whole "I'm dying and going to turn off...this time I mean it!" buzzing thing. He had turned the cell phone on for something and forgot to turn it off.

My hubby thought it was hilarious that I, the girl who could sleep through the apocalypse, woke up to the buzzing of a cell phone at the bottom of a dresser drawer. He started calling me the Princess and the Pea since I couldn't sleep because of it, but that's okay by me. There are worse things. That's all I have to say. :)

Are you a heavy or light sleeper?

Photobucket