Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Guest Post: Chasing Davies

Today I wanted to introduce you to Meggy from Chasing Davies! I simply adore this woman! She has effortless style that I feel is completely attainable! I love reading her blog because I always find inspiration there! She is also a momma to be! Congrats girly! Thank you so much for stopping on by, Meggy! Take it away, girly!


Topic: Shopping for Fall on a Budget

Hi Blonde at Heart readers!  I'm Meggy from Chasing Davies.  I'm happy to be here today, guest posting for Miss Natalie.  Here's a little something about me... my favorite season of all is Fall!  

I love shopping for any new season, but Fall is the best.  All the new arrivals are making me want to spend like crazy, but instead of blowing all my wad at J.Crew (or insert your weakness that isn't the cheapest here), I try to conserve my budget a bit by picking a few things to update my current wardrobe and then incorporate summer & winter items I already have.  At least, that's what I'm trying to do!

My must haves for this Fall: Leopard Print, Bright Bottoms, Chunky Knits and Prints.

For the leopard trend, don't feel like you have to go out a drop big bucks on a statement piece or full on dress.  You can incorporate some touches of leopard into outfits you already have.  This is also good if you are a little nervous about this trend.

Blonde at Heart Leopard.jpg

Like a scarf (this one from Express for $30) or a skinny belt (this one from ASOS for $21) can add a lot to a simple outfit.  Wrap the belt around a blazer paired with a pencil skirt or add the scarf on top of a stripe top and skinny jeans, ta-dah.

Bright jeans, pants and skirts are all over the place for this Fall.  I love color, so for me, I already have a lot of this trend.  I'm sure you have some bright bottoms in your closet somewhere?  Here are some of my recent bright-bottomed looks:

Blonde at Heart Bright Bottoms.jpg

Easy to transition bright skirts and capris into Fall with jackets, sweaters, scarves and the proper footwear (tuck capris into boots).

I am LOVING the thought of pulling on a big, chunky sweater when the temps start to drop.  Pull an oldie out of your closet or better yet, borrow your husband or boyfriend's chunky knit.  Keep the look lady-like by pairing it over one of those bright bottoms or skinny jeans and cinch at the waist with a belt or high-waisted skirt.

Blonde at Heart Sweaters.jpg

I look to J.Crew & Madewell for inspiration constantly, but definitely when it comes to sweaters and how to wear them.  Great styling ideas right on the site!

And last, but not least...Prints!  All kinds of prints are in right now, especially mixing prints!  Like wearing Tribal and polka dots together (a lahere).  Or stripes and leopard - my current fav!  And you don't have to spend a fortune to get great patterned pieces.  Here are some steals:

Blonde at Heart Prints.jpg

I recently got this floral skirt from Old Navy, under $33 and is also a midi skirt - 2 trends in one!  I instantly became in love with this native knit top from Forever 21, under $30 and would love to pair it with a black skirt with white polka dots!  You can never go wrong with some stripes in your life (I have way to much), especially the classic black/white and for under $13 (this skirt from Target). And speaking of polka dots, a bright blouse in this pattern will go far (from QVC for under $35).

So those are my going into Fall tips!  What are you most excited about for Fall?  

Thanks for reading and letting me be apart of Blonde at Heart.  Come visit me at Chasing Davies sometime. 

xoxo,
Meggy

Photobucket