Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Guest Post: Made it on Monday

Hi guys!! You might remember Jill from Made it on Monday...I kinda talk about her often. She is my real life friend {one of my first ones when we moved up to Oregon} and she is stinkin' amazing! There isn't anything this girl can't do! She is super creative and  a sewing genius! She taught me how to sew my very first pillow. She is a mommy to an adorable little guy and really, is just a blessing in my life! Thanks, Jill, for stopping by and sharing with us! Take it away! :)

Hello Blonde at Heart Readers! I’m so excited to be here today! I knew Natalie in real life before I knew her blog, and she is just as real and genuine in person! I always love seeing what she’s wearing… the girl has style!

My name is Jill and I normally blog over at Made it on Monday.

blog banner

My blog is full of sewing, crafting and decorating—but mostly sewing. Since I don’t have a lovely Kohl’s discount available to me (ahem, Natalie), shopping in stores can be pretty frustrating. I tend to either be shocked by the price or find myself saying, “I could make that for so much less.” So one of my favorite things to do during nap time (I have an adorable 18 month old) is search the internet for clothes to knock off. And, I figure my readers might like to sew too, so most my items come with tutorials. If you come by, you’ll see projects like…

(Click on the picture to go directly to the tutorial/post)

2010-10-11 0112011-03-10 0132011-08-14 006
The flutter flower shirt, the layered strips top, and the rounded ruffles top.

2011-06-26 0312011-07-05 0282011-04-19 055
Casually cute knit dress, simple maxi dress, and morning glory.

I also recently started two new series on my blog—the Make it by Monday Challenge and Tips & Tools Tuesday. After participating in Crafting with the Stars and So You Think You’re Crafty, I missed the weekly challenge that the competition and themes gave me. So now I challenge myself each week and invite my readers to link up with me. On Tuesdays I like to share crafting or sewing tips or show how to use cool creative tools. I also welcome my readers to share their tips and tools, so if you have one, I’d love to have you guest post!

2011-05-26 011IMG_62292011-05-27 001

And… I’m a total girl. I like to look cute and love clothes and accessories. I tend to look at all the What I Wore types of posts in blogland and then get just slightly envious of everyone else’s clothes. But when I recently did laundry (a rare occurrence for me… I figure the more clothes I own, the less often I need to wash, right?) and realized that I have a lot of cute clothes. They’re just usually so buried I forget they exist.

no spend september

So rather than feel the need to go buy more clothes this next month, I’m instating a No Spend September for myself. No spending money on clothes or fabric. I need to use what I have. I’ll be shopping in my closet and dresser and when I feel the need to make something for myself, I have to use fabric already on hand. I’m excited to stretch my clothing creativity!

Thanks so much for letting me share a little about myself and my blog! I hope you’ll stop by and say hi!


Photobucket