Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nifty Thrifty

As you know, I have a difficult time when it comes to thrift stores and it's not because I am opposed to previously worn clothing. I ended up with lots of hand me down clothes growing up, so that's not what bothers me. It's more of it all being in one place, the smell, and simply, just not knowing who it belonged to in the first place. 

My girlfriend, Jackie, has been slowly working on this with me. She has taken me to Goodwill-bins (which didn't turn out so well) and then to a regular Goodwill (which turned out better). She's since mentioned a consignment store called Plato's Closet and said that she thought I might like it. And I did. :)


On Saturday I was feeling brave and thought, "what the heck." So I took my mom (in law) and we checked it out. They had cute stuff... or I guess I should say they had a LOT of stuff. A lot (did you catch that?)!


The racks were stuffed with clothing and I think that messed with me a bit. I walked around the whole store not really touching much of anything. Then I started back at the beginning and went through it all again. This time I touched the clothing and ended up trying some stuff on (I am not sure if this is good or not...I sound kind of pathetic! lol).

And then we found this little beauty...

 (please excuse the poor picture quality, my phone camera hates me :))

 I tried on this coat and really liked it (the sleeves were long enough!! If you are tall like me you know how difficult that can be to find,especially in a coat)! I checked the price and bought it. 

What did I pay? $18 (no tax, thank you Oregon!)! I have to say I was pretty excited! I couldn't wait to tell and show Jackie. She was so proud of me!! :)


What has been your best thrift find?


Please VOTE for my blog! :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
To-the-TOP Tuesday