Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fragile...or Not

Remember the epic battle with the sewing machine that was my attempt at a  blanket for my nephew for his birthday? Well, I sent it in a box and this is how it showed up at his house:


Clearly, its a very good thing that it was a blanket and not something breakable.

My Dad was awesome enough to take pictures of Brandon opening up his gift:

a little peek

a bit of a yank

 I think he likes it!

 happy nephew=happy aunt


Maybe making the blanket was worth it after all, which is good...because I bought the fabric for my niece's birthday already. Her birthday isn't until June and technically my nephew, Logan, has a  birthday before her, but the fabric was perfect and I haven't found the "perfect" fabric for Logan's yet. I have high standards, what can I say? :)

On a side note...

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. Its been a weird one for me. Good news though, my Mom is home from the hospital!! :) Her biopsy came back normal, which was definitely and answer to prayer. She is very happy to be home and is on her way to recovery! Thank you again for all of the prayers and concern. I really appreciate it. Really. More than I can say.

I hope you have a great weekend. :)

Photobucket
BoostMyBlogFriday


Let's Just Give It Away
Friend Finding Fridays