Friday, March 05, 2010

Ready, Set, Bring on Sunday

Remember the surprise that I was telling you about? Its THIS Sunday! I am so excited! I can't wait.
After 12 super fun hours of shopping, my girlfriend and I found our dresses! I also ended up shopping with the other girls that are being surprised as well (turns out there are 5 couples and all of us girls are being kept in the dark). I had so much fun helping the girls find "the" dress for this occassion. I love helping people find clothes that they wouldn't normally try on and showing them how to show off their best features! I get so much pleasure out of seeing them looking great and feeling great (albeit a little uncomfortable just because its out of their comfort zone). With all of our dresses bought, ready, and waiting all we needed were shoes and accessories. Since my husband works at Kohls, I shot straight on over. Now, I will be honest, I was sincerely hoping to acquire pink shoes. I have wanted some FOREVER now. Turns out that shopping in Oregon is far more difficult than even I truly realized. I went to what felt like a million stores (turns out it was like 7) and found only two pairs of pink shoes. The problem with them was that one pair just wasn't the right material to go with my dress and the other pair was 4/5" tall. Now, normally that would not be enough to disuade me from purchasing the little beauties, but since the shoe fiasco my knee has been in pain and not really loving tall shoes.Thats when I decided to try these babies on:

Yes please!! Thank you Vera Wang!

Next on my list was earrings and a bracelet. Because of the cut of my dress I decided against a necklace. I was really excited when I found these little beauties!!



(it might be hard to tell from the pictures, but trust me, they match the shoes! :) )

Now all I have to do is "patiently" wait for Sunday afternoon to arrive! I am sure you have noticed the lack of picture of my dress. We decided if the guys could surprise us, then we could have our dresses be a surprise. Since my wonderful hubby checks my blog, I won't be able to post a picture until after Sunday.
Until then! :)

No comments: